CAB file has no model data

Welcome to the <Virtual Environment> community.
dcadwallader
VE Newbie
VE Newbie

CAB file has no model data

Postby dcadwallader » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:33 am

Hi all.

I wonder if anyone can help.

When working on projects I am saving each new job with a new name and archiving as usual.

However when I extract the CAB to the VE all modelling has disappeared. The file names do not contain foreign words and the size of the CAB file is several thousand kb as I would expect.

What seems to happen going back to all work that I have performed in 2016 is that the file is blank of all geometry so I have effectively lost weeks of work.

Strangely when I open other users CABs they have the data in but when I archive to a new folder and open they are blank again.

All help gratefully received.

PCully
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: CAB file has no model data

Postby PCully » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:05 am

Hi,

Note for others this has been resolved by Tech Support team. We have found there is an error saving models when the project was created using the New Project Wizard. Solution until this is fully resolved is to avoid using the New project Wizard/Create project based on Template Office UK as your model can be lost depending on operating system and environment VE is running on (development team are on it now)

see known issues http://forums.iesve.com/viewtopic.php?f=233&t=63976&sid=dfbe12b9d96954a9dda587f0bfe844f3

Phil
IES Worldwide Technical Support

Return to “Welcome to the boards”