Modify imported Renit file in IES

IES's specially developed Revit plug-in Toolbar allows Revit Architecture and MEP users to import their 3D BIM model into IES's software and undertake sustainable performance analysis.
bobby
VE Newbie
VE Newbie

Modify imported Renit file in IES

Postby bobby » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:55 pm

Is there any way in IES to modify the imported file from Revit? Delet or add walls, roofs, ....
The only thing I can do is modifyng open surfaces (Doors and Windows).

Thanks,

vajindarladdad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Modify imported Renit file in IES

Postby vajindarladdad » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:00 am

Hi,
You can modify the geometry in IES<VE> once you have imported the Revit model to IES<VE> successfully.
The edit toolbar has numerous tools that you can use to edit your geometry.

In addition , I would also recommend you to read the whitepapers for Revit-to-IES<VE>:
http://www.iesve.com/corporate/media-centre/white-papers
Thanks & Regards ,

bobby
VE Newbie
VE Newbie

Re: Modify imported Renit file in IES

Postby bobby » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:10 pm

I mean modifying the model in IES not importing the IES from Revit. For instance, I can not delete any surface or change any shading surface ( in terms of geometry, width or length)

PCully
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Modify imported Revit file in IES

Postby PCully » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:15 am

Hi,

As Vajindar said once you have imported from Revit to VE you are free to modify that geometry any way that you want. If you haven't used ModelIT before then the tools & techniques for modifying geometry may not be as you expect. Rather than modifying walls (e.g. in a plan view as you would in Revit), we modify rooms.

Perhaps some practice in ModelIT of drawing and modifying geometry would be useful before you start working on the imported Revit model?

One last thought, to access the ModelIT tools you will require a valid licence for ModelIT - launch VE then click Help >> Licence Control >> Check Usage then click ModelIT in the list to see if you have a licence for it.

Phil
IES Worldwide Technical Support

Return to “Revit plug-in”