Revit MEP model import and inner volumes

IES's specially developed Revit plug-in Toolbar allows Revit Architecture and MEP users to import their 3D BIM model into IES's software and undertake sustainable performance analysis.
gsigalas
VE Newbie
VE Newbie

Revit MEP model import and inner volumes

Postby gsigalas » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:11 am

Hi everyone,

New IES VE user here. I am trying to import my Revit MEP 2013 model in IES, but I have problems with the inner volumes.

Although the import works really well, whenever I change a wall construction IES will recalculate the inner volume, which takes a lot of time and makes my model practically unusable.

Removing the override protection doesn't seem to have any effect. Importing from Revit Architecture makes no difference either.

Any suggestions how to solve this problem?

Thanks,
George

ZapBran
VE Expert
VE Expert

Re: Revit MEP model import and inner volumes

Postby ZapBran » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:16 pm

Hi George,

There's a command that you can keyin that stops the redraw happening which is a lifesaver when working with bigger models.
For the life of me I can't remember what it is so I'll check my notes tomorrow morning and post back here.
I would also (and I might be in a group by myself here) recommend switching the inner volumes off while you are messing around getting things right and doing test simulations etc... you can always switch them back on again when you are ready to hit the go button.

I'll let you know what the keyin is.

Zap.

ZapBran
VE Expert
VE Expert

Postby ZapBran » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:58 am

Found it: MB (Model Browser)
Use "mb=off" to switch off updates to the model browser - note you will get no notification of changed rooms etc so you'll need to switch "mb=on" again when you need this.

Zap

gsigalas
VE Newbie
VE Newbie

Postby gsigalas » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:03 am

Hi Zap, this was very helpful, thanks!

Return to “Revit plug-in”