Import <VE> Loads results to Autodesk Revit MEP

IES's specially developed Revit plug-in Toolbar allows Revit Architecture and MEP users to import their 3D BIM model into IES's software and undertake sustainable performance analysis.
PCully
Site Admin
Site Admin

Import <VE> Loads results to Autodesk Revit MEP

Postby PCully » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:54 pm

Hi all,

I've been looking at a little feature in the IES <VE> plug-in for Revit that hasn't been advertised much but could be really handy for some of you.

When you run an ASHRAE Loads calculation in the VE-Toolkits (using the IES <VE> plug-in for Revit) the gbXML file exported by Revit is populated with the Heating and Cooling Loads results and Airflow. This can then be imported back to the Revit MEP project and viewed for each room.

The attached guide gives some more info and steps how to do this if you are interested. Download it from http://upload.iesve.com/uploads/staff/940/gbXML%20Loads%20Results%20VE6.zip

Also worth noting is the other building data held in the gbXML file:

Building & Space level

- Constructions data (name, description U-value) which includes details on layers/Material composition (name, description, thickness, conductivity, density, spec heat)

- Building Type
- Location Name, latitude, longitude
- Schedule info (day schedules show value between 0 and 1 at each hour, weekly shows day schedules that make up a week)
- Heating and Cooling temp setpoints
- Condition Type e.g. Heated&Cooled(I guess it shows somewhere what system has been chosen from the dropdown but can't see this in the gbXML)

Space level
- People Gains info (no. of people, gain per person)
- Light gains (per area)
- Equip gains (per area)

The gbXML viewer I use is XML Marker, more info here http://symbolclick.com/

Phil
IES Worldwide Technical Support

David
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Import <VE> Loads results to Autodesk Revit MEP

Postby David » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:30 am

since I don't know how to remove this from "unanswered posts" I'm shoving in an "answer".
David, IES Technical Support

russian30
VE Newbie
VE Newbie

Re: Import <VE> Loads results to Autodesk Revit MEP

Postby russian30 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:14 am

Hi,

Where can i download this as the link isnt working!

Thanks

Return to “Revit plug-in”