Matching week day to date described in custom weather file

Daithi
VE Student
VE Student

Matching week day to date described in custom weather file

Postby Daithi » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:15 pm

I've created a weather file of actual weather data for a specific period by editing an existing .epw weather file. IES VE Pro reads the hourly data perfectly. However, IESVE doesn't appear to associate the correct day with the described date. For example, the data for 01 July 2009, which was in reality a Wednesday, is displayed in Vista as Thursday 01 July, and no year is displayed. The .epw format has a variable 'Start Day of Week' as well as 'Start Date' and 'End Date', but editing these appears to have no effect. When I view the weather file in Vista it always starts on Fri 01 Jan and ends on Fri 31 Dec.

Is there a way within IES VE Pro of assigning the correct days to the dates in the weather file?

PCully
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Matching week day to date described in custom weather file

Postby PCully » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:57 pm

Hi,

I'm not too sure about this I'm afraid (not got much experience of editing weather files) but in ApLocate you will find a Simulation Calendar which allows you to define the weekday for January 1st - might work for you?

Phil
IES Worldwide Technical Support

Daithi
VE Student
VE Student

Re: Matching week day to date described in custom weather file

Postby Daithi » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:59 pm

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the tip, it's the only way I've come across to specify the start date, and I think it should work for my purposes.

Kind regards,

Daithi

Return to “Weather”