MFC ERROR

Sophisticated 3D simulation of light levels using advanced ray-tracing techniques, covering luminance, illuminance, daylight factors, perceived impact, photorealistic visualisation
Hummingbird
VE Student
VE Student

MFC ERROR

Postby Hummingbird » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:03 pm

I am simulating a daylight sensor in Radiance for ApacheSim and I always get an error:

VE MFC Application has stopped working\

After that the program stops. The simulation never ends and I do not get any results.

Is there a working around?

Thank you in advance.

Hummingbird
VE Student
VE Student

Re: MFC ERROR

Postby Hummingbird » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:46 pm

Tried this with a new file with only one room and the error still appears.

I even exported to GEM file but nothing changed.

Can anybody reproduce this error. I am using windows 7 64 with the latest version of VE-PRO

Richardo1505
VE Beginner
VE Beginner

Postby Richardo1505 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:26 pm

Hello Hummingbird,

I have exactly the same problem. Lots of email exchanges with Tech Support over the past month but they cannot replicate the problem so are yet to find a solution. I have tried running two laptops, and two software versions but the problem persists. My personal view this is related to Windows 7 64 bit machines, I have colleagues with earlier versions of windows and/or 32 bit systems and can run Radiance Apache link on exactly the same model with no problems. Now there is more than 1 person with the same problem I'm hoping technical will look at this again.

good luck. Richard

Hummingbird
VE Student
VE Student

Postby Hummingbird » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:53 pm

Thank you Richardo.
I thought there was something wrong with my PC.
Strange that one has posted anything about this so far.

What you're saying is to use 32bit instead of 64.

I 'll see what I can do about this....

Thank you so much.

PCully
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby PCully » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:22 am

Hi,

The Support Team have logged this with the development team but at present we can't reproduce this consistently in house and until we can the we can't fix the problem for you.

I have done some testing myself and have not had the problem, I use a 64-bit Windows 7 laptop (I also run a range of Virtual Machines with both 32 and 64 bit Windows OS installed). I can't reproduce the problem.

Something I have noticed with Radiance is a sensitivity to project names and where they are saved. Try calling your project 'Test' and save it on a folder on your C: Drive called Temp to see if it runs when everything is kept so simple?

Phil
IES Worldwide Technical Support

Hummingbird
VE Student
VE Student

Postby Hummingbird » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:24 am

Thank you Phil for your answer.

I saved the file with the name -A- directly on the C folder.

The strange thing is that the simluation for just one zone was finally completed.After saving the file the simulation for all the months was completed in 5 minutes. This was the first and only time that I didn't get the error screen.
Ususally it stoped during March and it took more that 15minutes to get there.

But as I said it worked only once!!!! I cannot figure out why this is happening. I cleaned the radiance folder, I resaved the file but nothing changed. I stil get the MFC Error.

I will make a Virtual 32bit windows and see what will happen and I get back.

Hummingbird
VE Student
VE Student

Postby Hummingbird » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:58 am

THERE WAS NO NEED TO RUN A VIRTUAL INSTALATION.

THE PROBLEM WAS CAUSED BY KASPERSKY PURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Although IES was in the group of trusted applications at the Kaspersky settings, seems that some processes during the radiance simulation were conflicting with Kaspersky and the result was the simulation to stop.

That is why I also had noticed significant delay during the calculations for every hour until the MCF error appeared, usually at February or even earlier.

By exiting Kaspersky the simulation was really faster and reached completion.

IT took me one month to figure out what is happening.

Return to “Radiance”