What heat recovery?

VE-SBEM for compliance and EPC generation.
ecoboost
VE Student
VE Student

What heat recovery?

Postby ecoboost » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:34 pm

I'm puzzled. There appears to be two ways to enter heat recovery. For the system and also for the room. If I enter it as plate heat exchanger on the system with an efficiency of 0.7 then look at the room it isn't picked up. Why is this? For the room it is set to Run around coil with a efficiency of 0.8. What would it use in this instance? The system heat recovery, the room heat recovery or both?

Again the user guides do NOT explain this.

ecoboost
VE Student
VE Student

Re: What heat recovery?

Postby ecoboost » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:56 pm

Anyone? :cry:

RossThompson87
VE Professor
VE Professor

Postby RossThompson87 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:30 pm

Hi,

I don't think the SBEM calc actually uses system level heat recovery.

The IES HVAC wizard lets you enter details but I think this is something left over from DSM that won't actually make a difference to SBEM.

If the wizard doesn't make changes to the main window then it isn't doing anything.

I hope this helps.

Ross

PCully
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby PCully » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:39 pm

I believe you are right, SBEM heat recovery is slightly different from the ApacheSim DSM inputs.

I think for Cooling systems you can enter the Heat Recovery details on the system tab and for mech vent you need to enter it on room data for each room (remember to tick the mech supply box too to denote mechanically ventilated).

I think that's the case for SBEM, maybe try it on your model and see if that registers an effect (for SBEM results outputs then a sim with and without should be enough to see the impact on BER or energy end uses in the BRUKL itself)

Phil
IES Worldwide Technical Support

Return to “SBEM”