"Missing Apache Systems" error

parm
VE Newbie
VE Newbie

"Missing Apache Systems" error

Postby parm » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:49 am

Hello,
I've just started getting a strange error when saving models, and going from ModelIT to the Apache module. The following error messages appear:
"There was 1 missing system(s) found in the project. The system(s) will be replaced.
"Could not replace missing system(s). An error occurred."

Then, when trying to access the Building Template Manager, under the defined systems tab all of the systems have gone (the dropdown boxes for HVAC, Auxiliary and DHW systems all say "None"). Clicking on the Apache Systems icon, the following message appears:
"Failed to initialise the apache systems project"

After this, the Apache Dialog box appears with errors, and clicking on any of the options causes IES to crash.

If I don't save the project, there is no problem, and the systems work properly. However, this is not an ideal situation...

Any ideas? I'm accessing IES remotely through a Citrix client, but all saves are local.

Thanks!

PCully
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: "Missing Apache Systems" error

Postby PCully » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:30 am

Hi,

Usually this error appears if a system has been deleted but is still referenced somewhere in the project (one way I've see this can happen is when the system is used in a Template but not yet assigned to any rooms).

Check Apache Systems (can access either via Template Manager or Apache view) and check if all the systems are gone or if just one is missing. If it is only one system missing you can replace this by manually modifying the project .asd file (in the project Apache\folder).

Open this file in notepad and you can copy an existing system then give it the name or ID of the missing system - the error should tell you which one is missing. Each block representing a system starts with the word SYSTEM and ends on the line that says BIVALENT_HEAD.

If all the systems are missing then I would suggest your project has become corrupted in some way, perhaps if you have the project stored on a network (try to avoid this as much as possible, it only causes problems on secure networks) then perhaps VE can't read or write the project files.

If all else fails then I'd suggest you just need to revert to a backup and try to run your projects form a location on your local machine that you have full access to in future.

Phil
IES Worldwide Technical Support

parm
VE Newbie
VE Newbie

Postby parm » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:01 am

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your response. All of the systems were missing, so I think that the issue was caused by remotely accessing the programme through the network. This was apparently confirmed when I tried again this morning from inside the department, without issues. I'll talk to the IT guy to see if anyone else had this problem.

Thanks again!

Edited - immediately after posting, the error happened again...

I've now checked the *.asd file, and it all seems to be ok. I still think this is likely caused by the remote access, so I'll check with IT to see if anyone else has had this issue.

PCully
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby PCully » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:35 pm

Yeah, it's likely that this is the problem. Basically all the files in the project folder need to be accessible to VE so it can read and write. If there is a local area on the machine where the project can be stored then this is the best solution otherwise IT may need to review the security settings on the network, there' snot much more we can do from here I'm afraid.

Phil
IES Worldwide Technical Support

Return to “Apache Systems”