ClipOpenings error

ApacheCalc – Heat loss/gain calculations using CIBSE procedures to determine design heating/cooling loads.
ApacheLoads – Design heating/cooling loads calculations using ASHRAE Heat Balance Method.
danylore
VE Beginner
VE Beginner

ClipOpenings error

Postby danylore » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:15 pm

Dear all,
I stumbled in an error while calculating room loads for a LEED certification. Model was made with 6.4 version, then I've upgraded to IES2012 and today, while notice that "replace" button was grey in Baseline case, I've installed hotfix2. Now I can change Baseline constructions but, at the end of load calculation I have this error:

I've rebuild the model in model settings and recalculate shading file but nothing has change. Error message reports a way to fix Cliopenings problem but I don't understant what is "key-in box".

Thank you in advance,

dani

PCully
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ClipOpenings error

Postby PCully » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:01 pm

Hi Dani,

Couple of things here - an upgrade will never affect your geometry but it does give the option to "rebuild adjacencies" which could affect the geometry, you can say no to this to maintain consistency with the previous version.

The edit Baseline constructions was an issue that was resolved in the hotfix as you have noted.

The key-in field is mentioned in the ModelIT User Guide I'm sure, it's to the top left fo the ModelIT workspace. Select the room(s) then type in there Clipopenings and hit enter to run the command. If you are experiencing errors of this nature I'd strongly advise you check the overall quality of our model geometry (ModelIT settings menu >> Model... then tick Intersections, Zones and Surfaces and click Check to generate a report flagging up potential problems that should be checked and resolved). It is very important to have robust geometry before moving on to analysis as you will just encounter errors like this and it's harder to fix these things later on in the process.

Phil
IES Worldwide Technical Support

danylore
VE Beginner
VE Beginner

Re: ClipOpenings error

Postby danylore » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:34 pm

Thank you very much, I have resolved deleting an hole between two zones that gave clipping error. ;)

Return to “ApacheCalc/Loads”