VRF system in APacheSystem

ApacheCalc – Heat loss/gain calculations using CIBSE procedures to determine design heating/cooling loads.
ApacheLoads – Design heating/cooling loads calculations using ASHRAE Heat Balance Method.
junaidbinnaseer
VE Beginner
VE Beginner

VRF system in APacheSystem

Postby junaidbinnaseer » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:21 pm

Dear All

We have a vrf system for a project with fresh air being provided by a separate dx package unit. The package unit will supply fresh air to space at room condition whereas vrf will take care of sensible and latent load of the space itself. How do I size these system using Apache systems?

I am using two systems in the Apache System dialogue and I have set the package unit to mechanical ventilation whereas the vrf to air conditioning. Lastly, the vrf will take return air at a 1 degree higher temperature than room air and it will be mixed with fresh air at room temperature. How can i put these value in apache system? What should value should i select for VRF at Air Supply tab such as supply condition?

Thank You

Marc Jensen
VE Graduate
VE Graduate

Re: VRF system in APacheSystem

Postby Marc Jensen » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:02 am

Hi Jun,

So your package unit supplies air that has been tempered to the room temperature? you can set this in adjacent air conditions.

Leave IES to calculate the sensible heating loads and then use ashrae to calc the peaks for the spaces.

Should get you on the right track...
Regards,

Marc Jensen,

Return to “ApacheCalc/Loads”